This programme is offered in various countries only.
Duration: 12 months
Mode: Blended Learning
- Candidates must have already qualified as a teacher in their own countries.
- English language requirements: IELTS 6.0 or above with no component below 5.5; or equivalent qualification.
- Candidates must have attained in Mathematics, Science and English Language the standard required to achieve a Grade C in the GCSE examination, or equivalent for literacy and numeracy skills.
- Candidates must satisfy the Programme Director that they are suitable candidates to undertake a programme of initial teacher training for the teaching profession. Candidates must continue to demonstrate medical fitness and their suitability for working with their target group (e.g. children or adults) and where necessary, for the protection of children throughout the course.
- All candidates are required to abide by the Code of Professional Conduct for Teacher Education.
Core modules (20 credits)
- Theories of learning and motivation
- The psychology of teaching and learning
- Educational Ideology
- The Curriculum
- Child and adolescent mental health
- Cognitive neuroscience and learning
- The use of technology in learning
- Teaching disadvantaged/disabled students
- Developing creativity
- Research methods
- Case study/project
- Ethics and pupil safeguarding
- Widening Diversity and participation
- Teaching placement and observation* (15 credits)
Candidates shall study and be assessed in the following modules:
|Teaching and Learning in the Curriculum – Generic Issues in School Based Education||
|Self Directed Study – Subject Specific Issues in School Based Education||Research methods design for teacher research: Action research and case study||10|
|Professional Issues in School Based Education||Ethics and Pupil safeguarding, Widening diversity and participation||10|
|Teaching placements and observations||Within a primary, secondary or adult learning setting||15|
Graduates can become members of a teaching institute.
Mrs Wafa M Aljuneidi is the head of the Arabic PGCE program.